How do remove sweat stains from light and dark clothing? How do remove old traces? What to do to prevent yellow spots from appearing? Useful tips. Are sweat marks forcing you to throw away your favorite blouses, shirts, and sweaters? It’s hard to wash them, but this is not a reason to send things on a well-deserved rest. Sweat marks and odors can be removed from clothing in your own home. Today, there are many ways to solve this problem.
How to remove yellow sweat stains from light clothing?
In summer, many people wear light-colored clothing. This color protects against the heat, but sweat marks appear on it quickly. Expensive ways to fight pollution will save things, but cheap gimmicks will not deal with this problem any worse.
- Wash your forearms with washing soap, leave for an hour and wash the clothes in the washing machine.
- Mix 1 tbsp. water and 1 tsp. detergent powder. Massage the mixture on the problem area, leave for a few hours and rinse in a washing machine with powder.
- Mix 4 tbsp. l. soda with 0.25 tbsp. water. Wipe the yellow areas with a brush, leave them on for 30 minutes, and machine wash them automatically.
- Combine 1 tsp. dishwashing liquid with 200 ml of water. Apply the liquid to the problem area, wait for an hour and rinse.
- Mix vinegar with water in a ratio of 1: 1. Spray contaminated area with this product, wait for half an hour, and wash clothes.
- Mix 2 aspirin tablets in 100 ml of water. Moisten the sweat with the solution and let stand for 3 hours. Then wash the mixture off and wash the clothes.
- 1 tbsp. l. Dissolve the salts in a glass of water and apply them to the spots. Leave it for 2 hours and wash it.
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon in 200 ml of water. Ammonia and the same amount of salt. Use a brush to apply the solution to sweat stains and wash clothes after 30 minutes.
- Soak a cloth with hydrogen peroxide and thoroughly clean the dirty surface. Wash and dry the item.
How to remove yellow sweat stains from dark clothing?
Sweat spots appear not only on white clothes but also on dark fabrics. They are not very noticeable, but they are still noticeable. The yellow marks are not visible, but dark spots with white outlines appear instead. According to “grandma” recipes, they are easy to get rid of.
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon in 1 liter of water. Ammonia and wash as usual.
- Soak silk clothes in powdered water for 10 minutes. Then apply 1 teaspoon of the solution to the spot. Dilute salt in 200 ml of water and rinse after 10 minutes.
- Mix 1 tsp. salt and ammonia in 200 ml of water. Apply the solution on a cotton ball or linen cloth and wash the item after 15 minutes.
- Put it under the warmth of a warm wool sweater with washing soap and leave the garment in foamy water for half an hour. Then stretch with your hands.
How do remove stubborn sweat stains from clothes?
Removing persistent sweat stains is the most difficult method. For a long time, they penetrate thoroughly through the fibers of the material. In such cases, before cleaning the traces, soak the objects with char, powder, or detergent for half an hour and then use one of the following methods.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons in 5 liters of water. l. vinegar and soak clothes in this solution for half an hour. Dissolve 4 tablespoons in 200 ml of water. l. baking soda and the mixture, wipe the stain. Wash the item normally.
- Soak the item in the vinegar solution as described above. Dilute 1 tablespoon in a glass of warm water. L. ammonia and apply the mixture to the stain. Rinse and soak the armhole in the solution: 1 tbsp. l. lemon juice and 100 ml of water. Wash after 2 hours.
- Soak the item in soapy water. In 1 tsp. Dissolve 2 aspirin tablets with water and apply this paste to the spots. Rinse after 3 hours. Then apply 10 to 1 solution of water and hydrogen peroxide on the labels for 10 minutes and rinse.
Avoid yellow spots: recommendation
It is better to prevent sweat stains under the arm than to fight to remove them. Some tips will help you forget the uncomfortable marks on your hands.
- Buy odorless liquid without aluminum salts, as these substances come into contact with sweat, which causes yellowing.
- Apply a thin layer of deodorant on clean, dry skin.
- Do not use the item until the deodorant under the arm is dry. Aerosol wipes dry in 2 minutes, solid and roll – in 3, cream – in 7.
- Attach a special pillow to your clothes. They will save the item from yellow marks.
- Wash your clothes immediately after wearing them. Even if it has been worn for half an hour, rinse it with soda or soapy water. The longer you stop washing, the yellower the spots will be.
General useful tips for removing sweat stains from clothing
To remove stains effectively, follow these tips:
- Before using folk remedies, try them on an invisible area, for example on the wrong seam.
- Work from edge to center. If done differently, the pollution site will increase, which will complicate the project.
- Do not use chlorine products for white clothes. These stain cleaners will increase the yellowing effect.
- Do not use acetone or acetic acid for silk.
- For synthetics, solvents such as gasoline, benzene, and others are prohibited.
- Wash clothes at 30 degrees and air dry. Hot water will only fix stains.
- Dry the laundry product in the shade, not in the oven or in the sun.